Q. Up to how many weeks gestation is it legal to get an abortion?
A. It is legal to abort a baby all nine months in the United States of America. The baby above was allowed to continue living because of his mother’s choice. The baby below was sentenced to death for some “medical reason” that determined his life to be of less worth than he truly was worth in God’s eyes. 🙁
• Roe v. Wade (1973) divided pregnancy into trimesters (periods of about 13 weeks).
• First trimester: Roe v. Wade said that states could not restrict abortion in any way.
• Second trimester: Roe v. Wade said states could restrict how abortions are done (licensed medical facility, licensed physician) but that restrictions can’t place an undue burden on the woman’s private choice to have an abortion.
• Third trimester: Roe v. Wade said that states could restrict abortion, but that any restriction must be accompanied by an exception for the health of the mother.
• Doe v. Bolton (1973), Roe v. Wade’s companion case, defined health so broadly that any woman seeking an abortion for any reason would fall under the definition (e.g. emotional, psychological, and familial factors are listed as health considerations).
Read more HERE.